Couches, armoires, and desks, oh my! Moving can be stressful both emotionally and physically. Many movers in North Wales, PA have found themselves with sore backs, pulled muscles, and even hernias after overexerting themselves to move their furniture themselves. If you have an upcoming move, take a few steps to protect yourself by planning ahead.
Read on to learn a few simple steps that you can take to avoid an injury resulting from exhaustion or overexertion during a residential or commercial move.
- Invest in a set of sliders. Furniture sliders can be slipped under the feet of dressers and tables, allowing them to be slid across the floor instead of manually lifted up. These sliders can save you tons of stress on your arms and back when moving heavy furniture into a van or truck.
- Take plenty of breaks. Even the most dedicated of fitness buffs will open themselves to an injury if they don’t take a break during a move. Be sure to take a short 15-minute break for every hour of moving you do to give your arms a rest and have a drink of water.
- Lift with your core. Improper lifting form increases your risk of injury. Never bend at the waist to pick up a heavy object. Instead, bend your knees and use your core strength to protect your back during a lift.
- Have water available. Now that summer is right around the corner, the temperature is about to heat up! Dehydration increases your risk of injury, so make sure you have plenty of water available for everyone participating in the move.
- Work with a moving team. Hiring a team of professional movers in Doylestown, PA can make moving simple, and will significantly reduce both your risk of physical injury as well as your emotional stress levels. Consider working with a moving team, especially if you have been injured before or you are living with a disability.
Looking to make your next move simple? Dan the Mover is here to help! Give us a call today at 215-309-8222 for a free estimate.