Even if you’ve found a company that offers all types of moving services in Bucks County, PA, you still might want to do the packing on your own. If that’s the case, here are five tips to help make your transition into a new home as simple and easy as possible:
- Save yourself a whole lot of trouble by labeling everything correctly. Using a permanent marker, write a word or phrase representing the contents of each box. This way, your movers won’t have a hard time figuring out where each box should go. Instead, the process will move quickly and there won’t be any confusion. And when it comes time to start unpacking, you won’t have to do any heavy lifting.
- Don’t forget to record all the items in each box as you pack. There’s always a chance you’ll need something last minute, so you’re going to want to make it as easy as possible to know where everything is. Plus, when you’re finally moved in, you’ll be able to start unpacking the things you need most and wait until later for those that might be less important.
- Make sure you wrap your fragile items with linens and other soft items that you already plan on packing. This will protect your glasses, dishes, china, plates and other delicates from breaking during the move. You should avoid using nice linens to wrap up your furniture, though, since there’s a chance they might get stained.
- To ensure that your cosmetic bottles don’t spill, use plastic wrap and an elastic band to cover the tops. If you travel frequently, then you probably already know how easy perfume, cologne, lotion, shampoo, body wash, etc. can spill, even though you thought they were secured safely inside your bag. So save yourself from having to clean up a big mess or from ruining other packed items by securing the tops of your cosmetic bottles.
- Don’t pack up everything in your kitchen until the very end. Of course, you’re going to build up a big appetite while putting in those long hours getting ready for the move, so make sure you have all the amenities you need to cook a nice, home cooked meal at the end of the day. This is where you can take breaks, unwind and escape all the craziness for a just a little while. Most importantly, you need to eat so you can have enough energy to get everything done!
Be organized, smart and careful about how you pack everything up; or else the transition will be a lot more stressful than exciting.
Looking for a company specializing in long-distance or local moving in Bucks County, PA? Fill out a contact form on our website for a free estimate: