The holiday season is right around the corner. If you’re moving to a new home, why not spread a little cheer by welcoming the family buying your home? Many real estate agents leave “closing gifts” for families who have recently moved into a new space, but no one knows your neighborhood like you do. Therefore, consider leaving one of these great closing gifts before you pass on your keys!
- A gift certificate to a local restaurant. No one wants to worry about cooking on moving day! A gift card to a local pizzeria or sandwich shop may seem like a small gesture, but it can mean the world to an exhausted family who just spent all day packing up boxes and lifting furniture.
- A guide to local attractions. Settling into a new town can be scary. Moving families can ease some of this anxiety by recommending local bars, restaurants, and attractions to the family moving into their home.
- A taste of your local favorites. What do you love about your town? Offering a gift basket or small selection of nonperishable food items can help homebuyers learn more about what makes the area unique. No matter if your local orchard makes the best strawberry jam in town or your city has a winery that can’t be beaten, a taste of local offerings is a delicious way to help new homeowners get to know the neighborhood.
- A gift for Fido or Fluffy. Pet owners know that their furry friends are an important part of the family, and just like any other family member, they may feel jittery about moving to a new space. If the family moving into your home has a pet, a few pet toys or treats can help ease a pet’s anxiety about moving into a new home and can help relieve some stress from homeowners as well.
- A set of helping hands. Everyone knows that moving can be stressful. So, why not help out your buyers with the assistance of a local business? Whether you’re calling ahead and offering moving services in Bucks County, PA, or you leave a gift certificate for a local cleaning company, your homebuyers will be relieved to have some help on moving day.
Moving doesn’t have to be stressful! The Dan The Mover team is proud to serve as movers in Doylestown, PA, and its surrounding areas for families looking to make life a little easier this holiday season. Give our team a call today at 215-309-8222 to learn more.