For over 20 years, we have supplied Bucks County, PA with affordable and efficient moving services. Our movers in North Wales, PA and the surrounding areas understand how to carry out a stress-free move. Want to learn their secret? View the infographic below to learn more.
If you wish to learn more about our movers in Doylestown, PA and our helpful services, we encourage you to contact us today.
One of the most frustrating challenges that movers face is transporting heavy, large or oddly-shaped furniture into their new home. Moving furniture is always a pain, so take some tips from your local movers in North Wales, PA to make the struggle a little less challenging.
- Invest in furniture sliders. One of the best things that you can do when moving large objects like couches or chests of drawers is to purchase a set of four furniture sliders. These small squares of plastic can be placed under the legs of your furniture and pushed along, rather than being lifted. Furniture sliders are a must-have for people moving with any large object on legs.
- Bend from your knees. When bending down to lift heavy pieces of furniture, bend from your knees and let the power behind you lift come from your core, rather than bending down at the waist and using your back to lift. Your back is not as strong as your core, and you can do serious and potentially permanent damage to your back should you pull a muscle.
- Remove drawers before moving. If possible, you should remove all drawers in desks, armoires and filing cabinets before moving. Not only does removing the drawers make the item easier to lift, but it also removes the chance of losing control of the piece of furniture because of swinging or falling drawers.
- Consider hiring the experts. Moving furniture can be an arduous, long and potentially unsafe project if you are not experienced or strong enough to be lifting your things. Inexperienced movers put themselves at risk of pulled muscles or hernias if they do not follow proper procedure. To take the hassle and stress out of moving, seriously consider hiring professional movers in Doylestown, PA. They can save you time, money and headaches in the long run.
If you wish to learn more about moving furniture or are searching for a reliable mover, we encourage you to contact us today!
Instead of risking the possibility of hurting yourself, professional moving companies in Montgomery County, PA like Dan the Mover, encourage you to trust experienced professionals when it comes to organizing, packing and moving your belongings. Even so, they still want those determined to complete demanding tasks on their own to use proper techniques while lifting heavy objects. To avoid compressing the spinal discs or straining your lower back muscles while lifting, here are some important tips:
- First, you want to make sure you keep a wide base of support. While in this position, your feet should be shoulder-width apart, with one foot slightly in front of the other (like a karate stance).
- When you’re ready to squat down, bend at the hips and knees only. When necessary, put one knee to the floor and your other knee in front of you, so that it’s bent at a right angle. You should be “half-kneeling” at this point.
- Maintain good posture. Look straight ahead, keep your back straight, your chest out and your shoulders back. This will help to keep your upper back straight while having a small arch in your lower back.
- Once you’re ready, lift slowly by straightening your hips and knees instead of your back. Make sure you keep your back straight the entire time and don’t twist your body as you lift.
- At this point, hold the load as close to your body as possible. It should be held level with your belly button.
- As you’re walking with the box, use your feet to change direction while taking small steps.
- When you switch direction, lead with your hips, and make sure your shoulders are in line with them as you’re moving.
- Once you reach where you want to put the box, use only your knees and hips to squat low and set down your load carefully.
Here are three things to always keep in mind while lifting:
- Never attempt to lift by bending forward. Instead, make sure you’re bending your hips and knees to squat down to your load. In addition, keep it close to your body and straighten your legs to lift up.
- Do not lift a heavy object above shoulder level.
- Refrain from turning or twisting your body while lifting or holding a heavy object
Eliminate the risk of injury completely by contacting Dan the Mover, who specializes in both residential and commercial moving in Montgomery County, PA and Bucks County. For a free estimate, call 215-309-8222 or fill out a contact form by visiting http://danthemover.com/estimate/.
Even if you’ve found a company that offers all types of moving services in Bucks County, PA, you still might want to do the packing on your own. If that’s the case, here are five tips to help make your transition into a new home as simple and easy as possible:
- Save yourself a whole lot of trouble by labeling everything correctly. Using a permanent marker, write a word or phrase representing the contents of each box. This way, your movers won’t have a hard time figuring out where each box should go. Instead, the process will move quickly and there won’t be any confusion. And when it comes time to start unpacking, you won’t have to do any heavy lifting.
- Don’t forget to record all the items in each box as you pack. There’s always a chance you’ll need something last minute, so you’re going to want to make it as easy as possible to know where everything is. Plus, when you’re finally moved in, you’ll be able to start unpacking the things you need most and wait until later for those that might be less important.
- Make sure you wrap your fragile items with linens and other soft items that you already plan on packing. This will protect your glasses, dishes, china, plates and other delicates from breaking during the move. You should avoid using nice linens to wrap up your furniture, though, since there’s a chance they might get stained.
- To ensure that your cosmetic bottles don’t spill, use plastic wrap and an elastic band to cover the tops. If you travel frequently, then you probably already know how easy perfume, cologne, lotion, shampoo, body wash, etc. can spill, even though you thought they were secured safely inside your bag. So save yourself from having to clean up a big mess or from ruining other packed items by securing the tops of your cosmetic bottles.
- Don’t pack up everything in your kitchen until the very end. Of course, you’re going to build up a big appetite while putting in those long hours getting ready for the move, so make sure you have all the amenities you need to cook a nice, home cooked meal at the end of the day. This is where you can take breaks, unwind and escape all the craziness for a just a little while. Most importantly, you need to eat so you can have enough energy to get everything done!
Be organized, smart and careful about how you pack everything up; or else the transition will be a lot more stressful than exciting.
Looking for a company specializing in long-distance or local moving in Bucks County, PA? Fill out a contact form on our website for a free estimate:
If you’ve been entertaining the idea of moving your family into a new home–whether it’s down the street or across the country–it’s important to evaluate many different aspects of your current situation. Sometimes, though, one solid, positive reason is good enough to triumph over any of the potential negatives. Here are five reasons that all make a strong enough case to go ahead and move your family:
- Your family is growing. Okay, so maybe you and your spouse knew that you guys wanted kids when you moved into your current home, but never really settled on how many you wanted to have…And now, at this point, you have a few too many considering the amount of space in your home. Do everyone a favor and find a larger place to call home that’s more suitable for the size of your family.
- Struggling school district. This is a huge factor! If the public schools in your area don’t have a good reputation or simply don’t meet your expectations, then start looking for homes for sale in areas that set high standards and place a lot of emphasis on quality education. When it comes to moving your children to a different school district, the sooner the better! Don’t wait any longer to give them the education they deserve!
- Bad neighborhood. Of course–to a certain degree–most towns and cities seem to struggle with areas stricken by poverty and crime; but, if you feel like your family is being affected directly by such circumstances, then it’s time to get out! Certainly, it’s tough to make a move if you’re not financially ready, but make sure you do everything you can to protect your family from crime and negative influences; it won’t get any better until you do!
- Better job. Depending on a slew of factors–such as the location, salary and opportunity for growth–if you’ve been offered a position that can help you better support your family, you might want to seize the opportunity! There’s no doubt that a serious relocation will affect your spouse and your children, but you should still weigh your options and figure out if the job is worth the move. If you determine it is, then call a moving company in Bucks County, PA to help make it happen!
- Other family. If you or your spouse has been feeling as if you guys don’t live close enough to your other family members, this is definitely a good enough reason to move. Family can be very supportive, especially if you have young children, and they can also give you advice and comfort in time of need. In addition, being able to see different family members at parties and other gatherings can certainly do a lot of good for your psyche!
When you’re ready to move forward with your relocation, contact our movers in Warminster, PA or any other town throughout Bucks and Montgomery Counties. We ensure the protection and safety of your family’s belongings the whole way through!