The most experienced movers in North Wales, PA know that packing up an office can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to making sure that a seemingly endless stream of office furniture is not damaged in the process. No one wants to spend days packing up their office only to have the thrill of a new location spoiled by broken office furniture. Take Dan The Mover’s tips for a commercial move to make sure that your office equipment arrives safely on the big day!
- Help employees pack up their spaces. A day or two before the move, it’s a good idea to provide each employee with their own container to pack up their desks into. To make sure that personal items don’t get broken during the move, it’s a great idea to provide a mini-seminar to all employees stressing the importance of wrapping all glass items and teaching the proper way to pack up a box with efficiency.
- Pack and label all files. While upright filing cabinets are usually okay during the moving process, lateral filing cabinets can easily spill out, causing a disaster for whoever is in charge of sorting files. Before the move, you should unpack all filing cabinets, transferring them to labeled boxes for easy unloading later.
- Consider professional help. Moving office furniture is a tough task that can even be dangerous to your health if large and heavy items are not handled properly. Our professional movers in Doylestown, PA can alleviate the burden off of you during your move. This can actually save you money in the long-run, as the best moving services help you move your office with minimal interruptions to your business day. This means you can spend less time worrying about packing furniture and more time with your customers!
You can learn more about our commercial moving services by calling 215-309-8222 today!
One of the most frustrating challenges that movers face is transporting heavy, large or oddly-shaped furniture into their new home. Moving furniture is always a pain, so take some tips from your local movers in North Wales, PA to make the struggle a little less challenging.
- Invest in furniture sliders. One of the best things that you can do when moving large objects like couches or chests of drawers is to purchase a set of four furniture sliders. These small squares of plastic can be placed under the legs of your furniture and pushed along, rather than being lifted. Furniture sliders are a must-have for people moving with any large object on legs.
- Bend from your knees. When bending down to lift heavy pieces of furniture, bend from your knees and let the power behind you lift come from your core, rather than bending down at the waist and using your back to lift. Your back is not as strong as your core, and you can do serious and potentially permanent damage to your back should you pull a muscle.
- Remove drawers before moving. If possible, you should remove all drawers in desks, armoires and filing cabinets before moving. Not only does removing the drawers make the item easier to lift, but it also removes the chance of losing control of the piece of furniture because of swinging or falling drawers.
- Consider hiring the experts. Moving furniture can be an arduous, long and potentially unsafe project if you are not experienced or strong enough to be lifting your things. Inexperienced movers put themselves at risk of pulled muscles or hernias if they do not follow proper procedure. To take the hassle and stress out of moving, seriously consider hiring professional movers in Doylestown, PA. They can save you time, money and headaches in the long run.
If you wish to learn more about moving furniture or are searching for a reliable mover, we encourage you to contact us today!