Most people who have moved before know that the process can be stressful. Adding children into the mix can even make local moving in Bucks County, PA a process that makes you want to throw up your hands and give up.
If you’re planning a move with children, here are three easy ways to make the process a little less nerve-wracking and keep your little ones calm when the big day comes.
- Get help packing up. The most stressful part of moving is usually getting everything from the inside of your home into the truck, and into your new home. The addition of children running around your home can seriously increase your stress levels. Our movers in Doylestown, PA can help you get everything packed up and put away so you can focus more of your energy on preventing temper tantrums and helping your little ones get ready for their new home.
- Get your kids involved safely. Your children want to be involved in your moving process. Unfortunately, they often aren’t able to physically help with the packing, and the emotional toll that this move can take on children can be overwhelming. Let your children be involved in your move in small and safe ways. For example, giving your child a pack of crayons and letting them “design” their new room or ask for their help dusting small objects before packing.
- Don’t pack everything. One easy cheat code to a simpler move? Don’t pack up all of your possessions into the truck! Take the time before your move to leave out your children’s favorite pajamas, stuffed toy, and safety blankets for easy access during the move. This can help reduce children’s stress levels, which will lower the possibility of temper tantrums and crying.
Need help getting to your new home? Dan the Mover has got you covered! Visit us online for more tips and resources for a stress-free move.
Moving from an apartment into your first home is a major achievement, and you should be proud of making first property purchase! If you’re moving from an apartment to your first home, there may be a few differences that you don’t even think about when you’re making the moving transition.
Here are a few things that we at Dan the Mover, the top movers in the Doylestown, PA area, believe you should keep in mind when you move from an apartment to a home.
- You’ll need service numbers. Gone are the days when you called your landlord for every one of your home woes. Now, you’ll need maintenance service numbers to keep your home running. From electricians to plumbers, make it a priority to collect a list of reputable services in your area for when you run into an issue. Try searching review sites like Angie’s List or Google Reviews to view testimonies from customers or ask your new neighbors for recommendations!
- Your home might feel empty. One of the biggest complaints of those transitioning from apartment life to their first home is that they’re overwhelmed by the amount of space that they suddenly have. Because you probably had little to move from your apartment, your new home will likely feel a bit empty for the first few weeks of living in it. However, this is an excellent time to get in touch with your inner interior designer. Shopping at local furniture stores and secondhand shops is a great and cost-effective way to brighten up your home and fill your new space.
- Making a cleaning schedule will save you stress. One of the downsides of moving into a bigger space? More cleaning duties! Instead of leaving all your cleaning until the last minute (which will leave you overwhelmed), make a weekly schedule of tasks like mowing the grass, checking your smoke alarms, vacuuming, cleaning the garage and completing all of your other household tasks. This will save you time and stress when it comes to cleaning!
If you need help moving from your apartment to your first home or want to learn more about our local moving services in Bucks County, PA, we encourage you to give us a call at 215-309-8222 for more information and a free estimate.